The City of Madison says the snow that fell Sunday should be cleared from public sidewalks by noon on Tuesday, December 10th.
If there is ice that cannot be removed, it will be treated with sand and salt.
Free sand is available:
- Sycamore Park in the parking lot across from the Streets Division offices at 4602 Sycamore Ave.
- Monona Golf Course (Front parking lot by the waste oil site at the corner of Monona Avenue and East Dean Road)
- Olbrich Park (Softball parking lot off of Walter Street)
- Reindahl Park (Portage Avenue parking lot)
- Warner Park (Softball parking lot near N. Sherman Avenue)
- School Road Waste Oil Site (At the intersection of School and Wheeler Roads)
- Demetral Park (Softball parking lot off of Sixth Street)
- Tenney Park (In the beach parking lot off of Sherman Avenue)
- Garner Park (Parking lot off of Rosa Road)
- Elver Park (Softball parking lot off McKenna Boulevard)
- Brittingham Park (Entrance off W. Washington AV)
- Glenway Golf Course (Parking lot off Speedway Road)
- Spring Harbor Parking Lot (The corner of Norman Way and Lake Mendota Drive)
- Yard Waste Site, 402 South Point Road