Madison News

 

Electrical heater cause of fire at Sun Prairie apartment building

Electrical heater cause of fire at Sun Prairie apartment building

Sun Prairie Firefighters say an electrical heater caused a fire at a 10-unit apartment building Monday morning.

Crews received a call at 11:22 a.m. for a possible fire at 346 S. Walker Way.

Firefighters immediately requested mutual aid due to the weather conditions. They were helped by Blooming Grove, Deforest, Maple Bluff and Cottage Grove Fire Departments.

Crews had the fire out within 14 minutes.

People from three units of the building have been forced out due to fire, smoke and water damage. The Red Cross is helping them.

There were no injuries. Damage estimates exceed $150,000.

 

More Articles